Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MOVING TIME

After living in Eramosa Township on twenty acres for twenty-seven years, my husband and I are moving to Guelph, Ontario to a lovely stone house with a garden Initially the old house, which is at least a hundred and forty years old, will require some improvements. I think it will be fun to take the summer to work on the house and garden and make them our own. I have loved this place in the country with my large perennial gardens, and our greenhouse where we grew some cool-weather vegetables. Now it's time to say good bye to this place when we move in mid April. I look forward to a smaller perennial garden and growing a few vegetables.

Moving is an enormous amount of work, especially when you have a large studio-workshop building full of stuff. I am sorting through my paintings and sculptures I made over the years, and packing things up. This is my focus right now, and I’ll pick up my writing after a few months. My blog ideas - a series on Canadian women artists of the past - must wait.

Meanwhile, I have a few presentations to give this month on "Perfect Red," and on the 25th of March will be the launch of "Joyce Wieland: Writings and Drawings 1952-1971 at Ben McNally Books in Toronto, from 5 - 7 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment